Owning a home is a huge responsibility and having a good homeowners insurance policy is a must! Because banks and other lending institutions typically put up 80 percent or more of a home’s value in cash, they insist that those receiving the money insure the investment. Therefore, your lenders will require that homeowners obtain adequate insurance before they will fund your loan.
According to the NAR, “Homeowners insurance covers the structure of your home and your personal property, as well as your personal legal responsibility (or liability) for injuries to others or their property while they’re on your property.”
Homeowner’s insurance policies may include provisions for:
- Dwelling (for damages to your house)
- Other structures (for damages to fences, garages, sheds, etc.)
- Personal property (for damages to possessions)
- Loss of Use or additional living expenses (for times when your home is being repaired)
- Personal Liability (coverage for injured on your property or by your pets on your property)
Home is where your heart is—along with a healthy chunk of your net worth. Click Here to Get Your Quote!